Made from molded high-density fiberboard, Genesis CraftMaster doors resist shrinking, swelling, cracking and joint separation. Engineered wood design outperforms wood doors while offering superior value. To assure enhanced quality, doors manufactured by Genesis are routinely tested against 14 different criteria including water resistance, adhesion and overall durability to ensure consistent product quality.
At the heart of all Genesis and CraftMaster products is a commitment to environmentally sound manufacturing practices. No old growth timber is harvested to make Genesis CraftMaster doors. Instead, wood chips, the by-products of sawmill operations, are broken into fibers and exposed to intense heat and pressure to create our products.
Solid core construction
Doors with a solid core more closely replicate the weight and feel of solid wood doors. The solid core material provides the door with enhanced dimensional stability, support and durability. In addition to the pleasing weight and feel, doors with solid cores also act as better sound insulators than doors with hollow cores. Sound Transmission Coefficient, or STC, is an indicator of a given material’s ability to act as a sound barrier. The higher the number, the better the performance. Solid core doors will perform 15% better in this category than hollow core doors.
Hollow core construction
The majority of doors sold today have a hollow core. This does not mean that the interior of the door is empty. Instead, it means that the core material does not comprise the entire door cavity. Hollow core doors are conveniently lightweight but do not provide the same swing and feel as a wood door, and do not offer sound deadening protection.
- CraftMaster molded door designs have no added urea formaldehyde. This is certified by Scientific Certification Systems, certificate number SCS-MC-01802.
- Due to their physical composition, CraftMaster molded door designs are not subject to the California Air Resources Board’s (CARB) Airborne Toxic Control Measure 93120 (ATCM). This measure enforces limits on formaldehyde emissions. If they were
subject to the ATCM rule, CraftMaster molded door designs would meet the specification for the designation “ultra low formaldehyde emitter.”
- Through repeated testing by the Composite Panel Association (CPA), a third party certifier for the ATCM rule, CraftMaster molded door designs have demonstrated formaldehyde emissions equivalent to background levels found in the environment.
- Genesis CraftMaster molded door designs contain a minimum of 63% pre-consumer recycled content. This is certified by Scientific Certification Systems, certificate number SCS-MC-01801.
- Genesis CraftMaster molded door designs contribute to industry programs such as LEED® 2009 for Commercial Interiors, LEED 2009 for New Construction and Major Renovations, LEED for Homes and NAHB – National Green Building Standard™.
- All doors are available primed with a low VOC primer and ready to paint.
- For ease of installation, select profiles are available in four Pre-Stained colors and in Pre-Finished White.
- Molded interior doors can be specified in 1⅜” or 1¾” thicknesses.
- Most 1¾” thick CraftMaster molded interior doors can be manufactured to meet 20-, 45- or 60- minute fire ratings as per Intertek WH specifications.
- For the heft and sound-deadening properties of solid wood, specify solid core construction.